Student Becomes The Teacher

Hey!  If you're new, I'd like to say "WELCOME" and if you're a frequent visitor, allow me to apologize!  I just disappeared on you.  I missed y'all, though.  Does that help?  Well, if not, have no fear...I AM HERE!  I am back, and I am ready to do something new!

In case you're wondering, my hiatus was due to conceiving, miscarrying and then conceiving once again.  And then being placed on bedrest for 33 days in the hospital when I was about 4 months pregnant.  I celebrated my 35th birthday during my first trimester so, lucky me, I was inducted into the Geriatric Pregnancy group.  This is not as exciting as it sounds.  There is plenty of worry, speculation, doctor's visits, hospital stays, lab tests and results, urine, blood, saliva, and gas!  And that's before the baby even gets here!  In hindsight, I wish I would have picked up blogging, again, during that time, but the internet connection in the hospital was terrible and it was pretty boring, for the most part.  I spent a lot of time *drum roll please* IN THE BED!  There were a few moments of note, but I did take pictures and I'll probably share them with y'all, one day.

But, I had an epiphany over the weekend.  I decided I needed to journal.  Like, with a pen and paper.  Because I'm old school and I enjoyed writing in my diary with the weak ass lock on it.  Like all of my deepest, darkest adolescent secrets were safe.  To this day I can't tell you where that thing is.  Not to worry, though, I am sure no one will use my 13 year old crush info against me.

And then I had yet another epiphany earlier this week.  Michaela and I started Beatbodyz.  A group exercise program, separate from the gym.  I worked out from November 2016 to August 2017 and gained 3 pounds, but lost an inch all over.  This got me to thinking...I'm not as young as I used to be, my body is obviously used to this and I need to do something different, if I want to change!  How does that saying go?  Train insane or remain the same?  Yeah, so...in conjunction with Beatbodyz, we are also going to try to utilize the tennis court down the street from my house and build our own workouts.  It also didn't make sense to continue to pay to go to the gym and we really weren't utilizing anything other than group exercise classes.  Besides, we have both utilized a personal trainer and have been in the gym for some years, now.  I think we can construct a routine that we can do, together, without the gym!  So, there will be that!  I want to develop some cards or pins for pinterest that have black women doing exercise moves, too.  I'm tired of only seeing thin, pasty, Caucasian women. 

So, stay tuned for all of that!  And more recipes and meal prep hacks.

Comments